Thursday 3 March 2011

HDK @ Stockholm Furniture Fair

















Eleonor Horner / Ena



Caroline Haberkorn / Light hug







Susanne Andersson / Hanging

The Masters students from HDK exhibited at the Greenhouse and the booth was wonderful. Both the work and the whole curation of the booth, they had these lovely little pigeon holes highlighting everyones work on a small scale in one spot and then the larger pieces arranged gently around it. The book they produced to go along with the work was also lovely. I wished more schools had produced one (some others did), selfishly just to make it easier to remember what work was from where. Also it's nice to hold something and while they take up less space I think I preferred this option to a ton of business cards.

There are a few pieces which are unfortunately missing, mostly because I wasn't happy with the photographs. This was one thing I didn't like about the fair, the lighting is terrible for taking photographs, there are all these horrid shadows. Especially if the booth is busy when you're trying to shoot. I'm not used to shooting in this kind of environment and it was certainly challenging! Also probably because I don't really favour straight up document shots which are probably what fair coverage requires! but nevermind. I'm not trying to be a photojournalist just showing a few nice things at the fair through my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment